Our classrooms continue to be a safe, supportive and welcoming environment. We strive each day to provide the children with a variety of opportunities to try out new ideas and be challenged with new experiences that engage readers, writers, scientists, mathematicians and artists! As teachers, we work to help the children to be empowered, to feel valued, to be listened to, to be competent and successful in school. We are so "happy" to have your help at home as we continue to work together for the children!
We will continue to work hard on all Kindergarten skill throughout the year!
- Numbers 0-100
- Counting to 100
- Writing numbers 0-100
- Reading, writing, and recognizing numbers 0-100
- Comparing numbers 0-10 (more, less, equal)
- 2-D and 3-D shapes
- Addition and subtraction
- Continue to work recognizing and writing our names
- Continue to review upper and lower case letters of the alphabet
- Recognizing colors and color words
- Introduce new sight words: have, they, of, want, said, here, me, this, what
- Review all word families taught so far
"Kindergarten children are confident in spirit, infinite in resources, and eager to learn. Everything is still possible!"
The Kindergarten Team